incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <>
Subject Re: Ohloh
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:12:58 GMT
On 30.10.2011 20:19, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Am 30.10.2011 19:23, schrieb Eike Rathke:
>> Hi,
>> Whoever had the brilliant idea to make Ohloh's source code repository
>> entry for OOo point to the AOOo
>> repository instead trashed over 10 years worth of 10000s commits of 100s
>> developers. Congratulations.
> As most of them were tracked as commits from our former release
> engineers and so are misleading anyway, perhaps its not such a big loss. :-)

indeed, because of the CVS and SVN approach to merge tracking authorship
was not properly recorded for the most part of OOo history, so the loss is
not big.

but still, apparently Eike disagrees with that; it would have been nice to
ask first before making this change.

at least the historic data is still available at the LO project, the
history there still begins with Heiner's initial CVS import:

the change seems especially pointless since there already was an Apache
OOo project at Ohloh:

it seems to me that there is some kind of counting error at the new project: a comparison with AOOo shows that it counts every
commit twice.

also, another deficiency of most SCM systems that makes Ohloh statistics
unreliable is that they only track the committer, but not the author of a
commit, which is not necessarily the same person (git gets this right).

hmm, now Ohloh claims that i am the #1 contributor to, how
ridiculous is that...

View raw message