incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:41:37 GMT
	Hi Dave,

On 11.10.2011 19:33, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi Armin,
>
> Sorry for the delayed response. I'm more a project manager than coder
> these days.

Ah. Now I'm late, since I'm more a coder than a project manager ;-)

> I have a more overall than detailed view. There is a lot
> of value in the Java2D approach - it can provide a gateway to a large
> number of output formats.

I was more looking for examples parsing SVG. You talk about writing SVG,
is that correct? I'm currently in reading SVG, so if someone has
examples, let me know. I also welcome SVG files which contain the more
unusual stuff as examples. So, if someone has already put time into this
and has good examples (or example files which cover most of SVG) I would
be happy.

> On Oct 6, 2011, at 1:52 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,

>>> Yes, it is still external, but it seems to support SVG->   EPS
>>> and PDF.
>>
>> ...by using the bitmap from the external renderer as Bitmap action,
>> unfortunately (AFAIK).

>>> In Apache POI we've had success writing Java2D engines that
>>> output PPT, PPTX, and Microsoft's "Escher" drawing layers.
>>
>> I looked but could not find something about SVG. Since I'm pretty
>> interested, could you please give some more data? Maybe a link into
>> the repository where SVG gets involved?
>
> Actually I should have written "Using Apache POI" instead of "in
> Apache POI". Producing SVG is currently on our project list at work
> and I would like for Yegor to go into some detail about Java2D engine
> architecture.
>
> This may be AOOo 4.0 track work ...
>
> Regards, Dave
>

>> Thanks in advance, Armin