incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Slooooow spreadsheet documents
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:56:34 GMT
Hi,

> At one of the OOo conferences I vaguely remember there was a university
> project that already parallelized computation of Calc sheets.
> Unfortunately I cannot remember the project/university name anymore.
> Probably having a look at the conference session drafts might give us
> some more insight.

...it wasn't directly about parallelization but about using Calc as a
frontend for grid computing. I've found the conference abstract about
the Tavernalc project on the OOo Marketing conference page of the
conference in Barcelona.

http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2007/programme/thursday_171.pdf

Kind regards, Joost