incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 09:28:37 GMT
	Hi Pedro,

On 06.10.2011 06:30, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>   Hi;
>
> Perhaps someone can explain what the agg_module does? It&#39;s rather interesting,
> and apparently it has some relationship with SVG:
> http://www.antigrain.com/

Not with SVG, but with canvas as it looks. It's used in
canvas/source/tools for canvastools, see ENABLE_AGG and SYSTEM_AGG vars.
I cannot tell if this is actively used, there are (dependent on
ENABLE_AGG) two files in canvas/source/tools (bitmap.cxx and image.cxx)
which implement canvas classes by using agg stuff.

> I was considering updating it to version 2.4 (still BSDL) but it appears the code
> is there only for "internal [Sun] reasons".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pedro.
Sincerely, Armin
--