incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 08:52:44 GMT
	Hi Dave,

On 05.10.2011 18:05, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2011, at 2:57 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>
>> On 27.09.2011 10:18, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>> - still an external renderer, screen and all outputs would use a bitmap visualization
>
> Yes, it is still external, but it seems to support SVG->  EPS and PDF.

...by using the bitmap from the external renderer as Bitmap action,
unfortunately (AFAIK).

>> I will spend another week and see how I can progress. If I will not be able to advance
with the necessary speed, I will probably fallback to (b).

> In Apache POI we've had success writing Java2D engines that output PPT, PPTX, and Microsoft's
"Escher" drawing layers.

I looked but could not find something about SVG. Since I'm pretty
interested, could you please give some more data? Maybe a link into the
repository where SVG gets involved?

Thanks in advance,
	Armin

--