incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging OOo Site: Bugs and Improvements
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:40:27 GMT

On Oct 30, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I've run into some things on the staging site, some from templates/boilerplate, some
for other content issues.

I've made some changes today that might show a spurious bug with the Apache feather at the
bottom. Refreshing your browser should clear that.

Many of the projects have yet to be thoroughly checked. I would be very unsurprised that you've
seen issues.

I've updated the kenai2website.sh script in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/tools/. If do2unix.pl is not
run on the html, js, css, and swf then svn add fails and content is missing. This is why major
parts of the it, es, and fr sites were found to missing.

I know that the ooo/ooo-site/trunk/lib.view.pm has issues extracting content when the body
on the html is <BODY> and not </BODY>

I also know that the tags within <body style="direction: ltr;"> the attributes still
need to be extracted and then inserted into ooo/ooo-site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html

> Do these go into the Bugzilla?  I don't feel comfortable mucking around with them directly
without someone more expert deciding the course of action.

Since I am about to need to go through each project one at a time. I'm more inclined to start
a cwiki page and take notes about each OOo "project".

If BZ is how people want to go that's fine with me too.

I would prefer to discuss how the tools work and the motivation for each piece on the list.
Why? Because there is a huge amount of content and the more who try and can work on it the
better. We need to discuss the steps, each is important. I wish I had more time to document
in total, but there is documentation that is accurate to a point.

I would be very happy if several others would start converting projects.

I've started the "ja" language project, and will finish that tomorrow.

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

tomorrow. You'll see the commits.