incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:31:27 GMT

On Oct 13, 2011, at 11:57 AM, floris v wrote:

> Please forgive my ignorance, but what's really the problem with the
> Kenai templates and all that? If we can import the actual data (which, I
> suppose, sits in a database) in some readable format, isn't it possible
> to replace the Kenai stuff with Apache stuff? There'd probably be only
> one html or php page with the Oracle and Kenai logos on it and all pages
> in that section would be extracted from the db and inserted in that
> template. Not such a big deal, or so it seems. All that is needed is
> Apache logos and maybe some other graphics and formatting like different
> fonts, dependent on what goes with the Apache styles. What am I missing?

You are missing nothing. Much of the OOo web code is in the AOOo svn repository already. Kenai
has svn and there are scripts in our project svn to export.

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

I am working on the wrapping. It is almost to the point where anyone can easily help and I'll
update those instructions. Other plans seem to be coming together soon, in a matter of weeks.

Shane is looking for a more immediate solution. He is asking if it is possible to change the
existing site template hosted by Oracle at Kenai. This is not so easy, but we are looking
to see if someone has that "foo" and will step forward.

Regards,
Dave