incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:44:02 GMT

On Oct 25, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Andrew Rist wrote on 2011-10-26 00:58:
>> I will drop off this thread after this post, as it seems that things are
>> working toward a solution.
>
> I indeed hope for a solution soon. Too much time has been wasted already, rather than
working productively, so if we really would move towards a solution, I'd applaud that.

>> I would suggest though that it is rather frustrating to see all of this
>> ink and blood spilt over what seems to be a misunderstanding.
>
> Well, if I recall, my initial proposal has been to simply keep things as is, with the
existing list, the contacts on it, and the way things worked. I was told that this does not
fit to the Apache way and does not work, that separate lists are required and so on and so
on. I was proposing the easiest way in the beginning, it was not desired for some formal/philosophical/whatever
reason.

There were a lot of conflicting remarks.

> I tried again this time with proposing a neutral, trustworthy third-party to host things,
hoping this will be accepted by all parties. Let's see how this turns out.

Let us know if securityteam@oo.o is now preferred. Otherwise you can see my proposal which
I think is essentially yours.

Regards,
Dave