incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:35:23 GMT

On Oct 31, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> As far as I can tell, it is a condition of Apache governance that it be done on the list.
 That is a requirement for how The Apache Way works.  It is up to all of us to have it work.

> I don't believe, however, that ooo-marketing counts as a list where deliberation on matters
of the project should happen.

I thought we were too quick to set that up. It bifurcates discussions. This is the first example.

> It does not strike me that a lazy consensus is appropriate there, unless it is to bring
something to this list.

> I also notice that the choice of product name suddenly forked onto ooo-user too.  Whoever
did that was not being helpful.

It was a user who was having trouble posting to ooo-marketing.

Opinions about the name are everywhere.

Regards,
Dave