incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Bugzilla Admin (was RE: Bugzilla notifications not going to an ASF mailing list)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:10:01 GMT

On Oct 20, 2011, at 5:04 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I think that you and I aren't using "properties" the same way in this context.  I was
using it by analogy to the way a real-estate agent or a rental property manager would use
it.  I thought I cleared that up.

> Can you explain what you mean without using "property" and being specific to the Bugzilla
Admin topic?

simple answer is attribute or parameter values. Does OOo support for Esperanto include Bugzilla?
A User Forum? A Language Pack? A Mailing List?

> I apologize for being so thick about this.  I can't visualize what you are proposing.

No worries, I'll explain it more in another thread and in context of the other discussion,
but not soon.

Today I am focusing my energy on the big issue of which *.services.openoffice.org Oracle is
retiring in a week...

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

ASF mailing list)

> On Oct 20, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I don't understand what this means:
>>
>> "I think we need a languages properties file with items like BZ, Forum, ML, Language
Pack, etc."

> Just like you stated the need for OOo domain/website/project properties. I think there
is a related need for a language properties collection.

> There are several dimensions to language support in OpenOffice, we need a way to navigate
users to all the support for their language. With a proper properties file the webpages for
each language can include some language specific navigation.

> Early on there was discussion that Apache websites can identify the incoming language.
It would be good to provide a property that for example could be used to determine a German
user of www.openoffice.org can automatically be sent to de.openoffice.org (or www.openoffice.org/de/.)

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> - Dennis

like there need to be some @apache.org administrators, and the hierarchy of administration
with respect to the various categories also needs to be dealt with.

>>> From the list that Mark Thomas provided, I only see 2 apache.org e-mail addresses
that have administrative logins, Mark Thomas himself and Herbert Dürr.  The rest are openoffice.org
addresses of people who may or may not be here, may or may not be committers/PPMC members.
 They might not have even restored access to their bugzilla account after the move, but I
suspect they are still getting automated traffic from ooo-bz!?.

>> Most of these are here and on the PPMC.
>>
>> jza, jsc, pjanik, r4zoli, pescetti, ...
>>
>> But it is a long list.
>>
>> I think we need a languages properties file with items like BZ, Forum, ML, Language
Pack, etc.

>>> My thought is that this is an appropriate migration case to handle with more
detail on OOOUSER.

>> Yes.
>>

>>> I am raising this flag for discussion.  I think a couple of admins should be
nominated and option 2 taken.  The mapping could be explained on the wiki.  Who already knows
enough ins-and-outs of Bugzilla administration to land running?