incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Shutting down legacy OOo mailing lists
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 02:15:26 GMT

On Oct 21, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> On 10/20/2011 12:20 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Dave Fisher<>  wrote:
>> That may not be possible.  It depends on how Oracle understands the
>> ToU for the legacy lists and relevant data protection laws.
>> Corporations tend to be conservative and risk-averse, I do not think
>> they would make this data available to us.
> It may suffice to simply send an email to the legacy lists (if they are up) and recommend
that those with interest subscribe to the new lists. That said, I would prefer that I was
simply subscribed so that I could do minimal work to make it happen.

This is the essence of Rob's plan.

Unfortunately we will not be getting any user lists from Oracle so an automatic re-subscription
is not possible.

> --
> Andrew Pitonyak
> My Macro Document: