incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of OpenOffice.org Forums Agreement
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:07:27 GMT
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM, floris v <florisv59@gmail.com> wrote:
> Op 11-10-2011 23:46, Dennis E. Hamilton schreef:
>>>
>>> *H.* Should the ASF or the Apache OpenOffice.org project decide to
>>> terminate its support of the forums, it will grant a period of at
>>> least 90 days for the transfer of the contents and structure of the
>>> forums to another host as decided by the Administrators, Moderators
>>> and Volunteers.
>>
>> The PPMC is not empowered to agree to a clause that reads, "The ASF will
>> grant 90 days to someone".  Only the board and officers can make
>> commitments on behalf of the org.
>>
>> That's just the legal side of things and is not the same as the question
>> of whether one should expect the ASF, should any of its entities decide
>> to take the forums down, provide advance warning or migration codepath.
>>
>> The relevant entities in this case include IPMC, Infra, and Board.
>
> How exactly should I understand this? Is this meant to be discouraging,
> like: forum people, you might as well leave right now?

Surely not. It is the question: can we, as project, make such an
agreement, does it require prokura or not?

I think the paragraph should maybe a little bit rephrased. As I
understood, it is when the ASF throws you out of the game the forum
folks can take the forum data and build up the forum on another place
- correct?

I would say it is possible to agree that we give out the data.
I would say it is possible to say as a project that we simply do not
hit the "off" button, just because we had the idea last night. Can we
say smeting like."if the pmc decides to turn off the board for several
reasons, it will grant a notice period to allow a transfer of
remaining forum people" or something

--
http://www.grobmeier.de