incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Acceptance of the OpenOffice.org Proposal
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 07:46:06 GMT
>> No, it is valid.
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>>
>> Reason 1: "Votes on procedural issues follow the common format of
>> majority rule unless otherwise stated"
>> Reason 2: "+0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.'
>>
>> Therefore you can consider this decision passed and the the forums is
>> very much welcome many people! Congratulations!
>>
>> Cheers
>> Christian
>
> I only meant the +0 vote, not the others. In Dutch elections all votes are
> invalid that have scribblings on them, even if that'd be something like
> "Thank God we have democracy" or more than 1 name ticked. Of course, such
> invalid votes don't invalidate the election, they simply don't count towards
> the result.
> So we have 29 +1 votes, two of them invalid because in the wrong list, and
> invalid +0 because that wasn't included in the original set of options.

Ah, understood.

Well, there was already discussion on this vote option (i think it was
on the vote thread itself). The argument for this option to be valid
was:"my opinion was not shown in that list". The voter explained he
does support it, but does not have cycles to put hands on the move.
Therefore the vote opener might add him to the plus one as Dennis did.

In my opinion, as long as it does not cause trouble, we should not be
so strict about this.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de