incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:54:32 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had a conversation with Andrew Rist this morning. Here is what I have found out about
what will happen in one week.

> (1) Forums and Mediawiki will be cloned and moved to Apache Infrastructure on top of
the work that TerryE and the Apache Infra team accomplished. Andrew, Gavin and TJ will be
doing the heavy lifting starting with some practice conversions.

> Does Apache Infra plan to change dns resolution of user.services.oo.o and wiki.services.oo.o
to point to the ooo-forum.a.o and ooo-wiki.a.o domain names as of this transition?

> (2) downloads.services.oo.o goes away this needs attention. This is the major unknown.
>
> We do have a version of this page in the website migration. It is rather clean. I think
the page handles a missing mirror brain, but I don't know if it handles it well. The version
that was cleaned up is in the AOOo project svn in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/.

> (3) extensions.services.oo.o and templates.services.oo.o are hosted at OSUOSL and will
be retained. They still need work on Drupal upgrades, the OSUOSL admins have turned their
noisy Nagios checks off and we have to report outages to support@osuosl.org ourselves. They
are usually responsive by the business day AM in US Pacific Time Zone.

> (4) All other *.services.oo.o are going away. If any of these are important to you please
recall that Andrew Rist has mentioned that he does have a backup of everything. Please contact
him about other services, if you would like to resurrect them.

> (5) Some consideration will need to be made about changes needed to the Kenai based www.openoffice.org
due to the services change.

What is an example of a Kenai consideration?  Is the issue broken
links?  Or is there some other connection between Kenai and
*.services.oo.o we need to look at?