incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Juergen Schmidt for ooo-security list member
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:23:22 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote on Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 00:36:19 +0100:
>> On 19 October 2011 00:27, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>> > 1. This shouldn't be on ooo-dev@
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Why are committer votes not done on a dev list?

And why didn't we pick a press liaison on the ooo-private list?

Yes, it does seem inconsistent.

One way to think of it is this:  When we vote on a new committer, we
want a private discussions so we can speak honestly and frankly about
the person's contributions and how they work with the others on the
project.  We can speak openly (on ooo-private) because we know that
they cannot read what we are saying.

But when we appoint an existing PPMC members to another role, whether
press liaison, or ooo-security, there is no place to have the
discussion where they cannot view it, since they subscribe to
ooo-private as well.

That said, I could go either way on this question.  But current
practice appears inconsistent.

-Rob