incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Publishing the PPMC Roster
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:10:27 GMT
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> <orcmid note="Responses to Rob's questions in-line" />

I like the idea of using the podling's status page, since we need to
update that page in any case when a new committer comes on board.

> 2) Is updating the page a manual or automated process?
> <orcmid>
>  It would have to be semi-manual, I think.  There is an automated
>  list of ooo-private subscribers, but not everyone on that list is
>  on the PPMC.  I also have a list that identifies everyone on the
>  PPMC that I update as part of the committer/PPMC intake workflow.
>  The spreadsheet with that list is in a private-to-the-PPMC SVN
>  repository area.
> </orcmid>

I thought only list moderators can get the list of subscribers.  Are
you a moderator of ooo-private?

That approach could work, especially since we're supposed to subscribe
to that list using our Apache alias.

> 3) Who will do the updating?
> <orcmid>
>  I will do it initially.  I will document the procedure so anyone on the PPMC
>  could take it over.
> </orcmid>
>
> 4) How are you determining who is on the PPMC?  Based on vote?  Based
> on subscribing to ooo-private?  Based on an authorization file?
> <orcmid>
>  I am not aware of anything like an authz for PPMC members.
>  I use the fact that they are invited or elected to be on the PPMC and
>  they have actually established themselves on the PPMC by subscribing
>  to ooo-private.  I propose that someone who has been invited to the
>  PPMC, is established as a committer, and has not subscribed to ooo-
>  private to not be established as a PPMC member since they have not
>  arranged to follow PPMC discussions and participate in voting.
> </orcmid>

What about that authorization file for the private SVN repository?
Would that yield a list of PPMC members?  Or is that really just a
committers list?