incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:11:53 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it is really amazing how much hot air can be produced for such a topic.
>
> Folks, it's rather easy. After the recent discussions and the history of
> this topic, it becomes obvious, that neutral grounds are important.
>
> Neutral grounds mean:
> - no domain name related to Apache, OOo, TDF or LibO
> - no hosting at one of these entities
> - members of the list from both parties (and of course other third parties
> that make sense)
> - admins of the list from both parties

Sorry, but you build an incredible about of distrust in others if you
express such irrational distrust in AOOo.  I'd have extreme hesitation
to work with anyone who exhibs such vehement distrust of an 11 year
old open source foundation that produces 5 of the top 10 open source
projects, and which has a stellar reputation in the industry,
including its treatment of security vulnerabilities.

-Rob