incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need moderators for ooo-marketing list
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:40:51 GMT
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2011, at 21:07, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> Ideally, 3 or 4 moderators, geographically dispersed.  More is fine as well.
>
> So far moderating ooo-users hasn't been burdensome, so I'd be happy to volunteer to moderate
this one too. As for timezone, I am mostly in the UK or elsewhere in europe.

Great.  As you can attest, moderating a list is very easy.  You just
need to be able to tell spam from a real post, click a link for accept
or or another link to reject.  The moderators for a list might do this
2-3 times in a day, based on how many emails we receive from
non-subscribers.  It does not require any technical/admin skills.
Anyone can do it.  Ideally we will have good time zone coverage, so
posts are not delayed more than necessary.