incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle the native language lists?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 01:09:46 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob and all,
>
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> So these are user lists.  Will we want language-specific translation
>> and localization lists at some point?  That is why I thought it would
>> make sense to have "user" in the name.  So then in the future we can
>> have, e..g., ooo-translate-de, etc., if needed.
>
> You are right!
>
> How about letting them discuss on what kind of native language lists
> they would like to have in the future in their general native language
> list like ooo-general-ja@incubator.apache.org ?
> :)

Remember, we're starting with the existing lists that are already
active.  So if we already have an active German users list, or an
active Dutch users list, then we don't need to guess.

> May I propose a way to create a native language list?
> :)
> In general we create a native language list if requested and as requested.
> ("oo" means an ISO language code)
> 1. First someone should propose ooo-general-oo@incubator.apache.org at
> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
> 2. Once created, in ooo-general-oo@incubator.apache.org they will
> discuss in their language about additional lists for their language.
> 3. They discuss on names of lists etc. then they propose additional
> lists for their language like ooo-users-oo@incubator.apache.org,
> ooo-translate-oo@incubator.apache.org and more.
>
> "Let them discuss what they need in their language" the best way, I think.
> :)

Even easier would be for the discussion to take place on the existing
legacy lists, at least while we still have them.

-Rob