incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject FAQ on patch contributions
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:52:03 GMT
Something we talked about a while ago, but never did.  An FAQ on how
to submit a patch to the project.  Obviously, we have many project
members who have figured this out.  But there may be others who now or
in the future would benefit from a simple write up.

I was thinking of taking as a base, this page from Apache HTTP, "How
to Contribute Patches to Apache":

A few questions:

1) If someone uses the git bridge to the repository, does "git diff"
produce a patch in the same format as "svn diff"?  In other words, are
they compatible?

2) Do we have a strong preference for whether patches are submitted to
the ooo-dev list or via Bugzilla?  Or are both acceptable?

3) It is clear that someone submitting a patch to BZ does so under
ALv2.  It is not so clear for patches on ooo-dev, unless they state so
explicitly, right?

4) Any other things we should mention?

View raw message