incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:15:53 GMT
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> Yes.  I've read all the emails from last week.
>>

> Please can you answer my question, then, I am not interested in your
> argument with Meeks.

I've restated, in more explicit form, what I think the consensus is.
I agree with that restatement.  I think your summary is ambiguous.  It
leaves it unstated and unresolved where we recommend that security
reports go to initially.

I never agree with ambiguous proposals, especially ones that paper
over the main issues.  They lead to "feel good" consensus that later
comes back to bite you.

If we're to agree on something we should first agree on what we're
agreeing to.  That suggests we aim for clarity not crafty ambiguity.