incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Areas for cooperation between AOOO and LO [was: Cooperation withRe: Neutral / shared security list ...]
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:56:42 GMT
Updating the subject to something that hopefully will attract fewer
trolls.  I'm the perennial optimist.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 23 Oct 2011, at 04:37, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> Simon,
>>
>> I hope TDF members (and members of other related source projects) will
>> accept our hospitality and join us on the securityteam list.
>
> Your words show you missed the entire point of my proposal, Rob, and leave me too frustrated
to want to discuss the matter with you any further; we were all so close to agreement when
you were on vacation.  My attempted contribution on this list and at TDF is to envisage grounds
for co-operation between these two divided parts of the legacy StarOffice/OpenOffice community.
It is not to be a messenger for your alternative ideas.

Hi Simon, do you have any other ideas for cooperation, preferably ones
that are not redundant?    I suggested cooperating on translations via
a shard Pootle instance.   Or maybe code browsing/searching facilities
with OpenGrok.  Or either of those possible?

Or maybe work on a collaborative Q&A site as an alternative user
support option?   Or maybe a shared template and extensions site?  Do
any of these items sound interesting to you?  I think you'd be much
more success in your attempt "to envisage grounds for co-operation" if
you explored one of those areas.

Does anyone else have some ideas on where we could cooperate?

-Rob

> I suggest you go to their mailing lists and make your proposals. Maybe you can earn TDF
membership with your contributions?