incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:00:12 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 11:49 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.  But are there not already TDF
>> members among the moderators of the securityteam mailing list?
>
>        I have no idea - but I suspect not; not that fixing that would meet my
> definition of neutral hosting of course.

As you previously noted, securityteam@openoffice.org has been used as
a cross-product, cross-vendor means for communicating security-related
information.  It continued to be used for that purpose even after
Novell made its own fork of OpenOffice.org, and even in the year since
LibreOffice started its own fork.  You've said nothing, and shown
nothing, that argues that this list cannot serve the same purpose it
did for these many years.  In fact, as it moves from Sun/Oracle
control to Apache control -- a non-profit foundation dedicated to
producing free software for the public -- there is even now greater
oversight and accountability than there was before.

What is your argument that securityteam cannot continue to function as
the well-known nexus for security collaboration in this eco-system?

-Rob