incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ohloh
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:44:10 GMT
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Eike Rathke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whoever had the brilliant idea to make Ohloh's source code repository
>> entry for OOo https://www.ohloh.net/p/openoffice point to the AOOo
>> repository instead trashed over 10 years worth of 10000s commits of 100s
>> developers. Congratulations.
>
> http://www.ohloh.net/edits?page=3&project_id=openoffice
>
> Perhaps it is possible for ohioh.net to roll back to the state prior to Rob's changes
as of October 11, 2011.

I did not remove any enlistments from the OOo project.  I did add the
Apache SVN to it.

Note also that the way that project is configured, anyone can walk in
off the street and add or remove enlistments.  Not such a great idea,
I think.  You can see, for example, that LibreOffice project has
permissions set so only managers of the account can change these
settings.  That seems like a good idea.

I've also created an "Apache OpenOffice" project.  My preference is to
have a single project to show a continuous history, but that would
require that the manager of the existing OpenOffice project agree.

-Rob