incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Migration Status Page
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:22:52 GMT
We have a lot of great material on the wiki related to the migration
planning, much of it very detailed and technical.  This is certainly
needed for our internal use.  But (I think) we should also have higher
level summary targeted more for the extended project and user
community, as well as the general public.  This could help set
expectations and show what is happening.  And just as important, it
can show that stuff is actually happening.  We're making good
progress.

A draft of the status page is here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice.org+Migration+Status

I filled out the mailing list status as an example of what might be a
good level of detail.   And as I did there, you can also link to the
more detailed planning information for those who might be interested.

Can we agree to keep this page updated with the current status?

I'd like to link to this page when we post to the legacy mailing
lists, to give an overview of the overall migration effort.   But this
might also be a good page to link to from our homepage, etc.  It could
be quite useful, but only if we can keep it up-to-date.

What do you think?

-Rob