incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:49:54 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:
> So,
>
>        It seems despite the promising flower of agreement here between Dennis
> and myself; we seem to have failed to attract any volunteers - and an
> openoffice.org branded list is not a suitably neutral place.

-1

Neutral?  I don't want neutral.  I want a list that is unashamed to be
strongly biased in favor of the user.  All those in the wider
OpenOffice community who are knowledgeable about security and who are
committed to collaboration and responsible disclosure are welcome to
join the securityteam list, to continue the good work that has has
traditionally been done there.

-Rob

>        Which leaves me to suggest freedesktop again; failing any violent
> disagreement to the contrary, or any solid reason why a single project
> should own, claim, brand and/or control such a shared security list,
> I'll ask to have:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.  But are there not already TDF
members among the moderators of the securityteam mailing list?

-Rob