incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PMC report for October 2011
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:51:07 GMT
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> Before I sign off I'd like to see the report address external
> communications explicitly.
>
> The project has a real problem right now with asserting itself as the
> OpenOffice.org project and defining how it will interact with
> downstream projects. Is the community going to take ownership of this?
>
> It would be nice to see a statement from the PPMC making it explicit
> what they wish to tackle and, where possible, how. For example, after
> a flurry of discussion about improved security reporting processes and
> collaboration opportunities is the PPMC going to deliver or will this
> just die down and go away?

In that other long thread -- and it is understandable if you missed
this -- I said:

"I think it would be good if the PPMC wanted to express to the
ooo-security members that they want us to make security collaboration
with TDF/LO a priority and to make every effort to share all
appropriate information with TDF/LO.  I'd support that.  This could be
solemnized by having a few Apache members, maybe mentors, affirm that
they will make an effort to monitor that ooo-security list and to
escalate to the AOOo PPMC is there is any backsliding on this."

So I'm proposing that a couple Apache members step up to the plate on
this as well.  What do you say?

-Rob