incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Impress ;-) about AOOo
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 21:00:45 GMT
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Manfred A. Reiter <ma.reiter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am invited to a presentation of AOOo in southwest
> Germany, later this month.
>
> Is there already a presentation of AOOo about
> people, goals, strategies, roadmap, etc.?

Maybe Don has something from the Oxford TransferSummit that you can reuse?

For general goals, you could also look at the incubation proposal:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal

As for Big Picture, the details are still emerging, but you could
explain the main components as:

0) Community development

1) Transition the legacy OOo website and services to Apache

2) IP review and cleanup of the legacy project's source code

3) Creation of initial AOOo release (3.4.0)

4) Creation of a series of more ambitious releases, e.g., AOOo 4.0.

These are parallel, not serial activities.

-Rob