incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration Status Page
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:15:43 GMT
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> So where should finer details be?  In the AOOo BZ?

I think so.  The "www" product in our BZ instance is described as:

"Covers website infrastructure and mail list functionality, such as
IssueTracker, bad links, dysfunctional mail lists."

With Apache, some of this is owned by the project, other parts require
Infra assistance.  But from end-user perspective, it makes sense to
give them a clear entry point to report such issues.

> The problem on OO.o is there is about three levels of intermediate pages that end up
dumping people on the old bz.  This might not be repaired until the static pages are ours,
but how are these to be kept in our attention.

I'd recommend BZ.  If you think something needs more attention, or is
urgent, then maybe a post to ooo-dev with a link to the BZ issue.

> The problems with the new instance is errors in who things are auto-assigned to, other
little things that have to be fixed so someone can take ownership of a bug, etc.  For example,
the list of places to tie the bug to is also inappropriate.  Those I noticed just creating
one issue myself.

Would it make sense to just wipe out all of the auto-assignments and
ask for volunteers?  Having an auto-assignment that goes to someone
who is no longer involved in the project is not going to help us.

-Rob

on OO.o that will need to be cleaned up still.