incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:29:20 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Martin Hollmichel
<martin.hollmichel@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If both parties (ASF, TDF) agree, I could imagine that team openoffice is
> willing to provide funds for an independent location, but at the same time
> I'm wondering whether such neutral zone is wanted and makes sense ? What I
> really don't like to see is a third location for OpenOffice.org gets
> established, that would not be the right sign,

I'm not sure any of this makes sense.  One really needs to suspend
reason to understand this debate.  For example, Michael is arguing
that an Apache-controlled list would not be sufficiently neutral to
have security discussions on, despite the fact that it has been used
for such purposes, by many, including him, for longer than TDF has
been around.  Ironically,  he is making his argument, and we are
having this debate, on an Apache-controlled development list, one in
which Michael is freely posting to and participating in.  This does
not look like a winning argument.

In any case, we have four other TDF/LO members on the securityteam
list, including several members of the TDF leadership (Steering
Committee).  So whatever scruples Michael has do not appear to be
shared by all TDF/LO members.

-Rob