incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Marketing Team
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:13:43 GMT
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I find this response ironic as I was only following your suggestion to make this discussion
more visible. After two days I felt that someone should do it,.

The discussion was more than about marketing, right?  I'm just saying
that it is obvious we need a marketing team, but also obvious that
they will be busy enough to want their own mailing list. Do you
disagree?

As for the other roles you brought up, I thank you for bring them up
for more visibility.

-Rob

> It's the weekend have a good one and let's discusses teams and roles with other's input.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Oct 14, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> The real point to this discussion is that the AOOo podling PPC needs a clear
Marketing Team.

>> If I may make an observation:  the people doing the majority of the
>> code commits are really not active in the marketing/press/brand
>> threads. And those that are most active in the marketing/press/brand
>> threads are not writing a lot of code. This is not a problem.  We have
>> a diversity of interests.  But it suggests there might be some value
>> in spinning off an ooo-marketing list first, allow anyone who wishes
>> to join, and then drill into these other topics.  Maybe the
>> participants of that list become essentially the "marketing team"?
>> There is some advantage to letting the coders focus on the code, with
>> less thread churn, and let other groups concentrate on other
>> functions.  For things that require project-wide discussions (and not
>> everything does) we can agree to discuss on ooo-dev as the main list.
>> Or maybe we create an ooo-general for that.

from the PPMC responsible for certain roles. We quickly proceeded with a Press Liaison due
to the immediate need. Before settling on a larger set of roles let's have a discussion and
come to a consensus.

project community with the many communities in the OOo universe.

>>> My thought is if we have someone on the PPMC who volunteers for first chance
to answer security questions on ooo-dev or ooo-users then we will quickly have a common and
measured response.

LO. (Would we have other special relationships?)

all proper. That the NOTICE and LICENSE files are correct. Seek copyright assignments from
authors where helpful. (Is this another team?)

>>> I'm willing to move Legal to a different thread. We do need someone to help with
TOU on the migration side. It is more to have one person asking Legal, not several people
with variations.

>>> I haven't looked at Robert's comments other than I knew we needed to wait for
Andrew to comment.

<dave2wave@comcast.net>

to find one or more PPMC

private list,