incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:38:06 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Florian Effenberger
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> Rob Weir wrote on 2011-10-25 18:26:
>> It is mind boggling that we're having a discussion about an important
>> topic -- how we handle security vulnerabilities -- and the discussion
>> is being led based entirely on non-security considerations, without
>> hardly a mention of users, and instead dwelling on one party's
>> paranoia.  This does not make sense.
> if you want, I can perfectly write you paragraphs about why TDF, why FrODeV
> or why any other entity is trustworthy and/or neutral. Again, this doesn't
> lead to anywhere in this case.
> Name me one argument that speaks against my proposal, other than personal
> feelings. Otherwise I'm not wasting my time anymore with discussing that
> topic here, it really leads to nowhere.

I believe it is a bad pattern to establish for collaboration.  We need
to recognize that TDf/LO exists as a project, and AOOo exists as a
project.  Once we acknowledge this then it logically follows that
collaboration will occur between these two projects.  Do we create a
new mailing list or website, or wiki or whatever, every time we want
to collaborate?  Is that what we really want to start doing?  If we
want to coordinate on maintaining a module, we can't do it at Apache?
If we want to share translation strings, we can't do it at TDF?  If we
want to share anything, we need to create and maintain an entirely new
infrastructure for it?  Sorry, that does not make sense.

> I made a proposal on how to have neutral grounds, and if all parties are
> involved, trust should be given as well. Users will benefit. Everyone happy.
> Easy, isn't it?
> Florian
> --
> Florian Effenberger <>
> Steering Committee and Founding Member of The Document Foundation
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> Skype: floeff | Twitter/ @floeff

View raw message