incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:05:54 GMT
On 26 October 2011 09:25, Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Dave Fisher wrote on 2011-10-26 01:44:
>
>> Let us know ifsecurityteam@oo.o  is now preferred. Otherwise you can see
>> my proposal which I think is essentially yours.
>>

> I really would like to go with the neutral and transparent third-party
> approach, given the history of this. As said, it demands the same from
> everyone, does not overly benefit anyone, and is IMHO the best way to go.
>
> It looks like this approach seems to be accepted by several people, which
> really looks promising to me now.

To me, most of the discussion has been looking through the wrong end of the
telescope. We need to build trust, it won't just happen any more than code
will write itself.  We need to be more positive about the reasons why
sharing is good not all the reasons not to do it. A bit Ironic for people
that say they believe broadly in community and sharing resources ;-)

The real prize is to get working together as far as possible, where a list
is hosted is a trivial detail that should not get in the way. It takes more
strength to give a little than it does to keep fighting pedantically over
trivia. So let's go with Florian/Dave's proposal and show we have some
confidence not to have to play the "not invented here" card at every
opportunity. If we need a lazy consensus on it I'd suggest Dave starts a new
thread to that effect.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940