incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 19:25:38 GMT
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It just seems that there are too many individual interests
> > outweighing such a goal at present.
> >
> Apache OOo fork is born out of 'corporate' interest not 'individual'
> interests. Hence the fatal license road block.

Individual as in discrete not as in people.  Read Pedro's perspective,
politically different from yours but none the less legitimate. To me, the
over-riding consideration is to get the widest take up of the ofd standard.
Any of the rest, even if important, is less important. I don't like Apple,
but I have to admit that they got more desktop machines running non-windows
OSs than all the Linux distros combined. That should tell us something.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.