incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODF and HTML 5
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:39:48 GMT
On 3 October 2011 10:40, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/3 Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com>
>
>> A logical technical need could be
>> to develop ODF rendering and editing in web browsers.
>>

> Something like WebODF?
> http://www.webodf.org/
> They even have an app on android market to display ODF documents on smart
> phones (I never used it: my cell phone is only useful for phone calls...)

Yes I have it on my phone, but I don't use desk based files for
information very much mainly direct in web pages. WebODF is a good
start. Just seemed that If ODF was an official part of HTML 5 it would
get increasingly wide support and so would help strategically with
marketing.  OASIS should be the focus but the more support from a wide
range of organisations, the more likely it is to happen.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.orgĀ +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.