incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 11:09:20 GMT
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
> <andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:
>>>
>> Are you aware of the number of changes that have already been applied to the
>> LibreOffice code base? It is very large. So, although it seems like a
>> realistic desire on the surface, it may be difficult in practice. How long
>> ago was the fork? Many people have spent significant time making changes,
>> and many of those changes depend on earlier changes.
>
> It really is not that hard.  At IBM we have our own fork of OOo called
> Lotus Symphony.  We've made millions of lines of our own changes, but
> we still have merged in many patches from OOo.  It requires some care,
> but it is not rocket science.

Yes, it is so easy and simple - and because it is such a piece of cake
the contribution of the IA2 stuff is still not integrated years after
its contribution has been promised and announced by IBM.

But Martin Hollmichel's initial statement is already wrong on so many
levels that the technical stuff doesn't really matter.

ciao
Christian