incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:52:27 GMT
Hi Pedro, *,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Pedro Giffuni <> wrote:
> I am not in the PPMC specifically to avoid participating in this type of
> discussions, but I have to say this, just IMHO:
> I fail to understand why the ASF is not considered neutral,

The ASF people is not the big problem. It is having or as part of the address.

You wouldn't be OK with the list being or, would you?

Those are not neutral either. As I don't think this point is so hard
to understand, I can only assume Rob is reiterating on this stuff and
throwing in "trust is what matters" on purpose.

This has nothing to do with trust.

> We owe to our millions of users out there to maintain our own security
> channels and we cannot delegate them to a third party.

So why do you think it is OK for TDF/LibreOffice to do so?

(I know you're now switching from the neutrality issue to the
administration part, but that once again is a different issue. Here is
where trust also comes into play, but not any more than you have to
trust the people who are subscribed to those lists)

> Looking for
> an unrelated domain to handle our issues is like giving your children
> to your neighbors so they educate them "impartially".

For TDF, or would be "unrelated", a
different party.

View raw message