incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "F C. Costero" <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Renaming of OpenOffice.org
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 00:22:58 GMT
One thing I would add from the perspective of a forum user is that
there are MANY warnings in the EN forum to stay away from anyone
offering "OpenOffice" software other than OpenOffice.org. See for
example http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11052
which is titled "Fake Download Open Office 2009 - Credit Card Fraud".
Of course the Apache branding has to occur, but that history of scams
adds an extra difficulty. Casual users who don't follow FOSS news may
well be suspicious of any new brand.
Francis