incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown of the "download.services.openoffice.org" host and its Mirrorbrain instance
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:43:22 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Peter Pöml <peter@poeml.de> wrote:
> The page should list all essential requirements.
>
>> http://mirrorbrain.org/requirements/

Does MirrorBrain allow downloaders to specify the mirror they want to
use?  I didn't see that as a feature.

This is necessary for people operating behind firewalls that block
websites based on type.  For example, my company's firewall doesn't
allow access to many filesharing sites and certain types of
businesses, but does allow access to universities.  This means when I
get an update for an Apache product I often need to manually select a
university mirror.

Don