incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Staging For Apache Hosted OpenOffice.org Website
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:16:01 GMT
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
> wrote:

> >> http://ooo-site.apache.org/it/
> >> http://ooo-site.apache.org/fr/
> >> http://ooo-site.apache.org/es/

> >> about brazilian portuguese, that the correct ISO code is "pt-BR".
> >>
> >> No trouble at all. I'll work on the initial "pt-br" checkin after I do
> JA
> >> this evening.

> >> changes. Is possible?
> >>
> >> Yes. I'll be able to help the committer learning how its done. Each
> >> language project used slightly different approaches to css inclusion and
> >> index.html organization. I consider each NL site ready to for a
> developer
> >> at that point.
> >>

> > We had some code under CollabNet that restulted a mess under Kenai, I
> > wonder how wil it work on Apache CMS since all our AJAX httpRequests were
> > affected by the header and footer and screw up our feed when trying to
> > import it.
> >
> > Is there a solution under the Apache CMS on how to handle AJAX sites and
> > template management?
>
> (1) You can certainly do all of the javascript replacing dom elements
> tricks ala google friend connect, download.openoffice.org.
>
> (2) There is a cgi-bin directory in the svn tree. You might give it a try
> and see if that fits your use case.
>
> See http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html for an architectural discussion.
> It is mostly a static system serving upwards of 10 million hits a day.
>
> What is it that you are trying to do?

we are serving content from a JS call. Issue is this content gets treated
like a page and it makes the header and footer of the regular pages being
inserted into the content snippet. This results on a very broken page.Thi
sis not entirely ajax but we are using httprequest on some static and
modular content.