incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Renaming of OpenOffice.org
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:29:29 GMT
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/2011 18:53, Kay Schenk wrote:
>

>> On 10/18/2011 02:58 PM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>>
> <massive snippery>
>
>  <snip-ectomy>

Why not have both Apache Open Office
and OpenOffice.org?

1) We already have both and people are getting used to that who are liable
to do so.
2) Other brands have started using other names for themselves and for their
products without much confusion.  Daimler Chrysler Dodge Ram?  All brand
names for pickup trucks, which have almost no name at all (1500, 2500,
3500).  This is an egregious example of a messy name that consumers have no
troub;le sorting out.