incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown of the "download.services.openoffice.org" host and its Mirrorbrain instance
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:34:38 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I read somewhere, and I don't know where, that ASF did not want torrents to be used.

The meaning and force of this statement is hard to judge without a full context

Apache has surprisingly and confusingly little policy, and most of
that should be written down

Apache encourages wide participation on open lists. Conventionally,
opinions expressed on lists are just personal opinions - unless backed
by evidence or clear marking[1]. So this is just my personal opinion
;-)

Robert

[1] wearing a hat :-) http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html