incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: What is height quality software?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:34:20 GMT
On 3 October 2011 13:55, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 October 2011 13:46, Raphael Bircher <r.bircher@gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Hi at all
>>
>> The ASF release only height quality software. But what's the definition of
>> "height quality software"? Do we have guidelines? It is up to the project to
>> develop guidelines?

Yes, it is up to the project to define what is acceptable as "high
quality". The ASF does not impose any such measures in most areas.
However, there are a few key things the ASF does that help define
quality in ASF terms. More below.

>> Height Quality is a relative term. I like a more precise definition for
>> AOOo.
>
> High Quality Software - I think. High quality presumably means fit for
> purpose, without a lot of bugs and with some quality assurance through
> the release procedures applied by ASF projects.

I'd agree with that observation. An ASF project follows a defined
development practice and has rock solid IP management processes. In
terms of "fit for purpose" that's up to the project to define.

Ross