incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:45:08 GMT
On 19 October 2011 16:28, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>  -1
>> The Apache Foundation *IS* neutral.
>> Beyond the evident open wounds the previous relationship with SUN/Oracle
>> may have left in the community, the OpenOffice.org domain is the natural
>> reference for longtime users and the developers of the many forks.
>>

> I agree, but the problem is one not of the neutrality of the trademark owner
> but rather the practical neutrality of the administration of the shared
> list.  Is the project happy for the list administration to be shared with
> others outside Apache?

In principle - yes (and in this case I believe I am speaking for the PPMC).

The precise details need to be agreed, but Michaels proposal of " a
three-way owner / moderator structure with Dennis, Rob and myself
providing some spectrum of balance. It would of course help to have
the previous subscriber list available to pre-populate it, but that
can be inferred from the archives if necessary."

Is a great place to start. I'm not sure if those individuals wish to
take on this responsibility, I don't want to speak for them.

If anyone else in the AOOo community would like to propose themselves
now is a good time.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)