incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: PMC report for October 2011
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:34:40 GMT
Before I sign off I'd like to see the report address external
communications explicitly.

The project has a real problem right now with asserting itself as the project and defining how it will interact with
downstream projects. Is the community going to take ownership of this?

It would be nice to see a statement from the PPMC making it explicit
what they wish to tackle and, where possible, how. For example, after
a flurry of discussion about improved security reporting processes and
collaboration opportunities is the PPMC going to deliver or will this
just die down and go away?

NOTE I'm not asking for a full strategy in the report, just a
statement indicating whether or not the PPMC feels that it owns these
issues. If it doesn't want to own them then who does?

On 7 October 2011 15:33, Shane Curcuru <> wrote:
> Tip: the board always appreciates well written reports that follow these
> reporting guidelines:
> - Shane
> On 10/5/2011 8:05 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> Added some items for the October report for OOo. Feel free to chip in.

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

View raw message