incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: PMC report for October 2011
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:50:35 GMT
On 12 October 2011 17:39, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I confess that I am having trouble extracting concrete actionables from Ross's request.
 I need to reread the thread from the beginning.

Don't worry too much, time is short. I wanted to use this opportunity
to raise this discussion point. I will be satisfied with a note in the
report saying that the PPMC is actively evaluating these issues. My
intention is not to force the PPMC into premature statements.

If you feel able to make any firm statements that will be a bonus.

> Also, I would recommend that, because the start-up of something so challenging as AOOo
is so daunting, and the fact that IP clearance work is ongoing, that the OpenOffice.org podling
be kept on monthly reporting for the quarterly reporting cycle the podling is now in.

I'm not sure that this is necessary, but on the other hand the process
of writing the report is an opportunity for reflection. As a mentor I
have no objection to this but neither do I encourage it. This should
be a PPMC decision in my opinion.

Ross