incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of Forums Agreement
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:56:53 GMT
On 11 October 2011 22:05, Daniel Shahaf <> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote on Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 15:13:31 -0400:
>> To enable list-based discussion of the proposal, I'm pasting in the
>> current wiki markup.  This will allow anyone to enter inline
>> commentary, as a response, to the quoted original.
> Thanks!
>> *H.* Should the ASF or the Apache project decide to
>> terminate its support of the forums, it will grant a period of at
>> least 90 days for the transfer of the contents and structure of the
>> forums to another host as decided by the Administrators, Moderators
>> and Volunteers.
> The PPMC is not empowered to agree to a clause that reads, "The ASF will
> grant 90 days to someone".  Only the board and officers can make
> commitments on behalf of the org.

Whilst this is technically correct in practice the board delegates to
its PMCs (that's the IPMC while in the incubator and the AOOo PMC
after graduation). I'm not aware of a project entering into such an
agreement before so there is no precedent that I'm aware of.

The right thing to do in this case is define the agreement you would
like to make and have it approved by the legal PMC. If legal@ are
happy then the AOOo project can proceed, if not they will recommend a
course of action.

View raw message