incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [ooo-users] Speaking of ooo-users
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:49:10 GMT
On 17 October 2011 10:58, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 17 October 2011 10:28, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>> On 10/17/2011 03:35, Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> I'd suggest adding a footer to all these mailing list mails that states
>>> the
>>> project is now at Apache and the list will be closed down in the future
>>> and
>>> moved to an Apache.org address.
>>>
>>> There should also be regular mails to the lists saying the same and
>>> inviting
>>> list participants to join ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org to discuss their
>>> needs.
>>>
>>> As lists are created here you can change these headers and mails to
>>> warnings
>>> about switch off with subscription instructions for the lists here.
>>>
>>> Ross
>>>
>> In general, setting a ML footer is fairly easy to do, for an owner under
>> SYMPA.
>>
>> I have a small problem w/r/t the @documentation lists, because we at AOOo
>> have made no provision for documentation at all.
>
> Hopefully we can get some active members of the existing documentation
> lists over here to tell us what they need and how they would like to
> operate within the AOOo poject. Then we will have provision ;-)
>
> This goes for all areas that were covered but are not currently
> covered. The discussion starts here on the dev list and, if necessary,
> we create infrastructure specific to any given activity.

It has been pointed out to me (offlist) that it might be inappropriate
to do this. I would therefore like to clarify something.

My suggestion to actively recruit from other communities was made with
the assumption that the infrastructure these groups are using is part
of the old OO.o infrastructure (i.e. their lists are
foo@openoffice.org) and therefore will be going away soon. If this
assumption is incorrect then it would probably be somewhat
disrespectful of that community (and others) to actively recruit in
this way.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)