incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Review of OpenOffice.org Forums Agreement
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:23:12 GMT
On 18 October 2011 09:15, floris v <florisv59@gmail.com> wrote:

> A vote may be purely ceremonial, but it would kind of make clear how many
> people actually care enough for (or against? - dubious English, but you get
> the point) the project to vote.

In principle this is true. People would vote +1 to indicate that they
intend to help and +0 to indicate they support the idea but won't be
contributing directly.

In practice though people often vote +1 to indicate support.

If the forum volunteers want to make sure there are enough people
wanting to support the move with action then a vote with a clear
"please only vote +1 if you will be active in the forums in some way"
might be a good idea. Although I would have thought such an activity
would be best carried out in the forums where the currently active
volunteers are. I think it is clear the PPMC will gladly host the
forums and ensure the necessary infrastructure is provided.

However, again I'm not saying *don't* have a vote, just trying to help
the project understand how best to implement the Apache Way. Whether
my words are entirely appropriate to this case is for those doing the
work to decide.

I will observe though that talking about it is wasting even more time ;-)

Ross

Ross