incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Making donations to the project
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:24:48 GMT
On 19 October 2011 16:10, Martin Hollmichel
<martin.hollmichel@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> I think the question we should be asking, in addition, is: what makes
>>> us think that the model that OOo used historically might not work even
>>> better?
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I think what matters is not just "oh it works fine" but how do we maximise
>> benefits.
>>

> Indeed, invest into mechanism to boost up the ecosystem to help partners do
> their business better and thus come to faster solutions for end users and
> customers is a central issue, we should and want to work on,

I agree with the sentiment but not with the words.

The ASF does not have partners, it produces software for the public
good. Of course, the people you refer to as partners are part of the
public. So the distinction may be not be important.

However, the ASF cannot, as a charity, do anything that benefits any
one organisation/individual more than any other.

That being said. I do agree with the sentiment of where this thread is going.

So what do you want the AOOo project to do to build this ecosystem?

Ross